For a Lomakatsi workforce application click here.
Posted: March 3, 2017
Closes: April 7, 2017
Position: Lead Forestry Technician
Overview: Lomakatsi Restoration Project is looking for qualified Forestry Technicians with leadership and project management skill sets to join our team of professionals for full time employment. Roles for the successful candidates will fulfill job requirements to: 1) provide oversight of personnel, project management and design; or 2) specialize in implementation oversight, inspections and data management.
Applicants should be skilled to perform variety of essential tasks such as: collecting and managing forest inventory data; timber cruising; layout and marking of restoration-focused commercial thinning projects; interpreting ecologically-based silvicultural prescriptions; supervising and training forest technicians, performing restoration project inspection; oversee regulatory and NEPA compliance and commercial restoration-based timber harvest sub-contractor accountability. The majority of this individual’s work will be done in the field working independently, or with other technical forestry personnel and specialists. The position is based out of Ashland, Oregon, with projects spanning a three-hour radius and some overnight travel required.
SALARY: commensurate on experience, with potential for Annual/Full Benefits
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• BS degree in Forestry or Natural Resources and/or demonstrated equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3 years field work experience in applied forestry
• Competent in the use of technical forestry equipment: GPS/ GIS, navigation, data gathering/processing, Relaskop, compass, increment borer, densitometer, and clinometer
• Project management and personnel supervision experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and work performed in a network environment
• Experience with GIS (Esri) preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Ability to orient, navigate and hike in rough terrain using map, compass and GPS
• Ability to identify native trees and shrubs
• Flexibility to work variable hours depending on project needs
Please send a digital copy of your resume, three professional references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Forest Technician” in the title. Please no calls, thank you.
For the full job announcement, click here.