Job Announcement – Ecosystem Restoration Laborer
Lomakatsi is hiring Forest Workers and Wildland Fire Fighters
- Are you in search of full-time year-round employment and potential for benefits?
- Do you want to make a career in ecological forestry and wildland fire management?
- Do you want to be a part of a team striving to improve the health and resiliency of forests?
Lomakatsi Ecological Services (http://lomakatsi.org/lomakatsi-ecological-services/) is currently accepting applications for ecosystem restoration laborers with basic qualifications to join our expanding workforce for fuels reduction, prescribed fire, and wildland suppression projects. Experienced individuals are encouraged to apply, (particular interest placed on wildland firefighters with Squad/Crew Boss qualifications) however Lomakatsi can train the right person for success.
Description: Under the mentorship of Lomakatsi specialists and workforce managers, ecosystem laborers will conduct restoration activities including thinning, hand piling, pile burning, prescribed fire, wildland fire fighting, trail work, erosion control, tree and shrub planting/maintenance, general forestry labor, and weed abatement.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Previous experience working on labor crews
- Field experience in trail work, forestry, wildland firefighting and tree planting preferred
- Dedicated work ethic and ability to perform physically demanding labor
- Ability to work in a team setting and follow training instructions/job assignments
- Ability to operate a chainsaw
Rate of pay: $14-21 per hour, depending upon qualifications
(Applicants with wildland supervisory positions may qualify for higher rate of pay during fire season)
Application Submission Closing Date: 10/27/17
- Download application, click here.
- Three separate choices to submit application:
- e-mail to email@example.com with “Ecosystem Restoration Laborer”, attn. Justin Corns
- Send completed application to PO Box 3165, Ashland, Oregon 97520
- Hand-deliver to 645 Washington St. Ashland, Oregon
The Lomakatsi Ecological Service Contract and Workforce Operations Manager will be in touch about scheduling an interview with qualified applicants.